LONELY HEARTS: A JOYZINE VALENTINE’S COMPILATION 11 FREE TRACKS TO GET YOU IN THE MOOD
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, Joyzine is here to provide you with the perfect
soundtrack, whether you’re spending it with a loved one, keeping your fingers crossed
for a secret admirer or pretending not to care that you didn’t get any cards.
Whatever your situation, fix yourself up a hot date with an amazing new band.
1) Piney Gir -To Know You I like dogs a lot, I enjoy baking cupcakes. I watch a
lot of Audrey Hepburn movies and read the Tales of the City books by Armisted Maupin
quite a bit. In my spare time when I'm not writing songs, recording an album or
gigging out and about I like to applique unusual imagery on unlikely items.
Piney plays The Space on 19th Feb, The Museum of Childhood on 3rd March and the Country
Girl All-Dayer at The Lexington on 20th March. www.pineygir.com
2) Bark Bark Disco -Song for the Lovers Fun loving Male/Female combo seek partners
for laughter, adventure and maybe more...
3) The New Royal Family -That Girl Has Got It Future monarchs seek suitable heiress
for regal rompy-pompy.
The New Royal Family bowed out on a high almost exactly a year ago, selling out the
Buffalo Bar, but a forthcoming retrospective Greatest Hits and accompanying DVD are
in the pipeline. The perfect gift for that special someone. www.myspace.com/thenewroyalfamily
4) Hold Kiss Kill -I’m In Love With a Girl Strong, quiet type seeks passionate creative
soul to share dark nights and starry skies. Love of reverb pedals an advantage.
Hold Kiss Kill release their debut single ‘Our Last Waltz’ in February and play at
The Workshop, London on February 26th. ‘I’m In Love With a Girl’ originally performed
by Big Star. www.myspace.com/holdkisskill
5) Yunioshi -She Wolf A young, male female mix, 25. WLTM a partner or threesome
to spray hot electro juices into their earholes during nights of hot shame and sweaty
dancefloors. There will be cakes in it for you too.
Yunioshi play The Last Days of Decadence, Shoreditch on 25th February. ‘She Wolf’
originally performed by Shakira. www.myspace.com/yunioshi
6) Rock Stone -To Bring You Blue Roses Doomed romantic seeks horticultural enthusiast
for shared love of flowers, poetry and big guitar crescendos.